[Loadstone] GSat BT-338

David Allen wd8ldy at xtra.co.nz
Tue Jul 10 23:47:06 BST 2007

Hi Vic and list!

I've found lots of things make noise that a telecoil can easily receive.
This is also how I verify when my phone is actually transmitting. According
to the telco media hype, 97 percent of my country has reliable mobile
network coverage. It's a curious thing that I encounter that 3 percent quite
often despite keeping my travels in the more populous areas of the country.
Since I can't see any flashing lights, I need a reliable way to know what my
phone is doing while I'm waiting. This is my answer.

Cheers,
Dave