[Loadstone] Royaltek, Holux and QStarz compared.

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Jul 10 15:05:04 BST 2007

Hi all,

We have tested and compared three GPS receivers:

- Royaltek RBT 2010 (SiRF3)
- Holux M1000 (MTK)
- QStarz BT Q818 (MTK)

The results of this test are now published at:
http://www.loadstone-gps.com/articles/test3rec/

 From the article:

"From this test we have learned, that the position data as reported by all
three receivers is adequate for accurate location announcements. The tests
also show, that the algorithms used by the Loadstone software suffice for
accurate heading and speed calculation. Our next step will be the
implementation of the option to choose from announcements directly provided
by the receiver or provided by the Loadstone software. With this option in
place, the Loadstone GPS program will be able to work together with any
receiver on the market today."

"At this moment we see no confirmation of the claimed superiority of the
MTK chipset over the SiRF3 chipset. In fact, the Royaltek RBT2010
outperforms the Holux M1000 by a small margin and the QStarz BT Q818 by a
larger margin."

The Loadstone GPS Team