[Loadstone] Several comments from a new user.

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Mon Jul 9 10:06:19 BST 2007

The speed and heading stuff is still being tested. Some kind of averaging
may help but the final word isn't in yet. For now what you get is the data
from the receiver. Just be glad you have a royaltek, from our tests it's the
best of the bunch at the moment.
The point id field is a unix time stamp. If you're generating your own
points then maybe start the id at 1 and work up. That way you won't collide
with points you generate in the future.
The 5 key does need some work. At the very least the heading should probably
be in the same mode as the exploration point setting.
To unlabel a cell could be a bit tricky. If you're in that cell's area then
hitting 8 and just blanking the current name should work. Some phones don't
seem to allow a blank string at this point thoe so this doesn't always work.
The other method is if a point is associated with the cell then you can edit
the cell name in the point update window. The whole cell system will need
some rethinking at some point to try and make better use of that
information.
The goto a specific latitude/longitude feature is on the todo list and will
probably be in the next version.