[Loadstone] Several comments from a new user.

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Sun Jul 8 10:46:41 BST 2007

Hello. Thanks for your suggestions.
I think the royaltek is already mentioned on the site, it might be the
rbt-2001 but it's the same hardware as the rbt-2010.
I hadn't thought of the date line problem but that would be the case.
Exploration mode will act more like a square than a globe. It's simple to go
around in theory but quite a bit harder in implementation. Maybe something
could be done about this thoe.
There was some talk a while ago about making the navigation mode use compass
directions when the speed dropped but it was decided that having reporting
functions randomly changing there behaviour would cause a lot of confusion.
Having every point announced as you approach just isn't going to happen any
time soon. The main problem is the database engine in the phone, it's slow.
There's just not enough computing power to be running all the selects you'd
need for automatic point announcements and still be able to do anything
else.
In the next version of Loadstone the find point system has been completely
rewritten. The new version allows you to override the search radius and
takes place in the background. This should solve the lock up problem. The
program doesn't really lock up, it just appears dead since it's taking all
resources to do the search.
If you go in to exploration mode and you have no signal or the gps isn't
connected you will start at your last gps coordinates. These will save
accross program runs.