[Loadstone] Initial questions about the LoadStone program and sites such as geocoder.net

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Fri Jul 6 06:56:53 BST 2007

Hello Victor,

Questions answered below...
> 1. Why is there a limit on the LoadStone database?

I am not sure what limit you are refering to?  There are indeed practical
limits determined by phone CPU speed, storage size/speed Etc.

> 2. I copied the database of the whole state of California onto my MiniSD
> card, which is about 15MB, but the load command does not seem to work.
> Should I always import the database then?

Are you saying that when you activate the Load command nothing happens?  I
so I am not aware of anyone else having this problem. If LS is installed
to your phone's memory and you are trying to load a database from your
memory card, you will need to activate the Load command and traverse the
phone's directory structure via the ".." choice in the  file listing.

> 3. Say, I went to geocoder.net and found latitude and longitude for both
> starting and destination addresses of interest. How useful is this
> information to me other than being a point of interest? Surely,
> Loadstone is not capable of calculating a route based on two points; am
> I correct in this?

Loadstone allows you to follow a collection of points.  If you have a
short route perhaps two points would be enough.  If it is a longer route I
would suggest you create intermediate points and turn them into
checkpoints.  You are correct that Loadstone does not currently calculate
routes for you.  That is up to you!

> 3. I have read that Loadstone POI Conversion program can import maps
> from Google Earth; is this information accurate?

Let me defer to Rob on this one!

Best regards,
   Monty