[Loadstone] rbt2110 question

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Tue Jul 3 06:13:55 BST 2007

I don't have any information on these receivers but I can tell you about
using one as a time source. You probably don't want to do this. The reason
is latency. You get latency over the bluetooth link and make the problem
worse with the bluetooth to usb adapter on the pc side. You'd probably be
better off just using ntpd to keep the time in sync. If you really need to
be your own time server then you'd want to get a gps receiver that can
connect to a serial port. This way the latency problem goes away and the
unit can be powered by the pc.