[Loadstone] points of interest

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Mon Jul 2 05:49:45 BST 2007

Hi,

You may want to have a look at the manual:
http://www.loadstone-gps.com/docs/manual/
where most of these questions are answered.

In part 1 of the manual it reads:
You can assign a label (name) with the corresponding latitude and longitude
to a point. If you want to share these records with others, a meaningful point
name description is highly appreciated. There's room for 75 characters in
the point name field.

In the 'Enter (or Update) Point' dialog you can read some more information,
like the estimated accuracy and number of satellites at recording time. These
numbers cannot be altered.

Finally, Loadstone records contain your user ID under which you are known
in the PointsShareExchange (more about this later) and a unique record ID.
These
ID-numbers are generated by the program itself and you need not be
concerned with these numbers."

"such a position is referred to as a 'Point'. Whether this point is of
interest to you (Point Of Interest or POI) we will leave up to you. You
also may decide to use this point as a navigational point (waypoint). POI's
and Waypoints are just special names given to any spot on earth.

You can assign a label (name) with the corresponding latitude and longitude
to a point. If you want to share these records with others, a meaningful
point name description is highly appreciated. There's room for 75
characters in the point name field.

In the 'Enter (or Update) Point' dialog you can read some more information,
like the estimated accuracy and number of satellites at recording time.
These numbers cannot be altered.

Finally, Loadstone records contain your user ID under which you are known
in the PointsShareExchange (more about this later) and a unique record ID.
These ID-numbers are generated by the program itself and you need not be
concerned with these numbers."

Hth,

Rob