[Loadstone] focus point

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Sun Jan 28 23:26:06 GMT 2007

Hi Cindy,

On the page you are reading (Part 1: Exploration mode) there's also:

Giving focus

The joystick lets you 'look around', however, it does not give focus to a
point. This only can be done by using the numeric keypad on your phone. The
moment you switch to Exploration mode the nearest point to the 'last
position' information on your phone is announced, but this point does not
yet have the focus.
Press one of the direction keys on the keypad to give focus to a point.
Once this is done the 'update' function becomes active. You may also use
the 'Find Point' option to give focus to a point.

So: first 'find' a point, either by using the number keys or the 'Find
Point' option from the menu. Once you have found a point, you can start
checking and updating.

HTH

Rob