[Loadstone] Nothing else but the target

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Sun Jan 21 14:10:39 GMT 2007

Hi Teddy and all,

We have made some minor changes to the manual (Part 4). Lett's hear if this
makes things more clear:

Isolate Point

In navigation mode, using the joystick lets you 'look around' and find the
closest point to your current position in any direction. With points
separated a fair distance from each other, this usually will do the job of
finding your way. However, if your database is crowded with points, this
may become confusing.

Using a list of 'checked' points restricts the points in view to the points
in that list. In other words, you limit your database to the points that
you have checked. Using the joystick still lets you 'look around' in all
directions, but no other points than those in the list will be announced.

Taking this one step further, we invented 'Isolate Point'. With 'Isolate
Point' switched on, Loadstone GPS announces only the checked point nearest
to you in the direction of travel, no matter in which direction you push
the joystick. Once you have reached the 'isolated point', the next point in
the direction of travel gets all the attention.

As an example, you could check your point of destination, activate Isolate
Point' and have only your point of destination and it's distance announced
while on a bus or train.

If all that you are interested in is getting from one point to another and
you have both hands occupied, then 'Isolate Point' together with a number
of checked points and 'Auto announce' on is the way to go.

Note that 'Isolate Point' only appears in the Options/Functions menu after
you have checked one or more points in Exploration Mode or have loaded a
previously saved list of checkpoints. Isolate Point works independent of
the 'Use checkpoints' setting.