[Loadstone] New Mmember and first question

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Sun Jan 21 01:13:17 GMT 2007

Well, you can enter country if you want but it'll be put in automatically if
you have cell service. You can also put in a type but I wouldn't worry about
that at the moment since the types system isn't defined yet. I wouldn't
worry about the country either since if you upload points to the point share
exchange it can figure out the country automatically. Most of the other
fields, street, city etc. aren't implemented yet but may be at some point.
The phone's database engine is quite limited so not everything we'd like to
have is possible yet. A lot of this may get moved to the point share
exchange site since that's probably where it's most useful. For now when
entering a point all you need is the name and its position. The position
will be filled in automatically if you have a gps signal so you don't have
to enter that. The other setting to consider is the privacy setting. Use
this when marking points you want in your database but don't want to share
with the rest of the world. In those cases you can mark a point as private
or restricted. Private means that point never gets uploaded to the point
share exchange and restricted means the point gets uploaded to the point
share but is only shared with people you specify. That kind of shareing
isn't implemented yet but will be at some point.