[Loadstone] Wellcome, ?a bug? and a question

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Fri Jan 19 02:51:55 GMT 2007

The best way to avoid this problem is probably just to leave bluetooth on.
If you set a default gps receiver for loadstone to connect to then bluetooth
will have to be switched on in order to connect to it. This isn't the case
for all phones but for most. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way
for a program to enquire about the status of bluetooth or to turn it on/off
when needed. If bluetooth is off and loadstone tries to connect to the
receiver it'll usually just say connection error but sometimes it seems to
get confused and think it got connected anyway. This seems to depend on the
phone and its bluetooth stack. For some reason Nokia doesn't seem to be able
to get bluetooth consistant so how well it behaves will depend on the phone
and its firmware.
As far as the accuracy number goes, lower is better. This is the accuracy in
metres the gps receiver thinks it has. In reality the accuracy will be a few
metres more than the reported number.