[Loadstone] Question about Accuracy

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Feb 27 23:59:35 GMT 2007

Here's a table that can be used while reading key 2 - accuracy in Loadstone
(from a car driver's point of view):

1: Ideal
This is the highest possible confidence level to be used for applications
demanding the highest possible precision at all times.
2-3: Excellent
At this confidence level, positional measurements are considered accurate
enough to meet all but the most sensitive applications.
4-6: Good
Represents a level that marks the minimum appropriate for making business
decisions. Positional measurements could be used to make reliable in-route
navigation suggestions to the user.
7-8: Moderate
Positional measurements could be used for calculations, but the fix quality
could still be improved. A more open view of the sky is recommended.
9-20: Fair
Represents a low confidence level. Positional measurements should be
discarded or used only to indicate a very rough estimate of the current
location.
21-50: Poor
At this level, measurements are inaccurate by as much as half a football
field and should be discarded.

For pedestrian use 4 is as worse as you want it to get. More on similar
issues, as well as this table, can be found at:
http://www.loadstone-gps.com/docs/gps_rec.html