[Loadstone] Wrong GPS Time?

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Thu Feb 22 00:37:30 GMT 2007

When the gps first starts the time will be wrong. This is normal until the
unit gets the propper time from the satellites. With the sirf chipsets this
seems to only need one satellite but for some other chipsets you may need to
acquire a propper gps signal for the time to work. You also may need to
adjust the time zone offset in the misc settings. Maybe this unit is doing
some kind of local time zone correction. Since we haven't tried loadstone
with that particular chipset maybe something else is going on. Keep us
advised on your results, how is the performance compared with the sirf *iii
chipset?