[Loadstone] Wrong GPS Time?

Hasan Karahasan karahasan at onlinehome.de
Wed Feb 21 18:42:38 GMT 2007

Hello folks,
since a fiew days I have exchanged my Holux 236 with sirf3 against a wintec
wbt-300 using an antaris 4 chip. This chip updates 4 times per second while
other update only once per second. Thus I expect to get more accurate gps
data from it. Let me play a little around before I will tell you my results.
But since I have been using the new receiver I have no correct GPS time
anymore. Whenever I start Loadstone, the GPS clock seams start counting at 0
1 0 0 or similar.

Any ideas what that can be? Can we suppose it has to do with the higher
update rate of the receiver? Or is it possibly an erroneous implementation
of the NMEA protocol in the receiver's firmware?

Thanks
Hasan