[Loadstone] Questions

Michael O. Hanson mhanson at winternet.com
Sun Feb 18 21:07:00 GMT 2007

I got data for the Appalachian Trail to work.  I would be happy to export
the file but have a question about the radius normally used.  The AT covers
slightly over 2,000 miles.  As you probably know, if you attempt to import
data from a 2,000 mile radius from just about anywhere in the United States,
you will get far more data than most if not all cell phones can handle.  Do
you want me to include possible data import instructions for that file?  I
would suggest importing data in ten or twenty mile chunks and cutting out
extra data.

Would the list of checkpoints I have created be helpful?  Keep in mind I
have not field-tested these data yet.  I am still getting data on road
crossings and water source locations.  I expect to do a test-hike in May if
all goes as planned.

I sent the list of checkpoints to my computer.  If I loose these
checkpoints, do I need to do anything other than put it in the Loadstone
directory labeled checkpoints?

Thank You,

Mike Hanson