[Loadstone] MTK chip?

R. Neill Hadder neill.hadder at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 14:46:12 GMT 2007

Hi all,

Wondering if non-SIRF chips like the Nemerix or MTK have any issues or
limitations with Loadstone.  I'm probably going to get another receiver with
an auto-on option.

FYI: As I've reported before, I've been using the I.Trek M6 sirf 3.2, which
is consistently 30 yards off: so consistently that it's actually reliable,
and therefore useful in an odd way.  It's really as if there's a 30-second
delay before an approach is anounced, but I don't know.  Also, under certain
probably consistent conditions, Loadstone will report "not connected" on
boot-up and will have "connect GPS" in the menu, but choosing this option
reports "already connected," so I have to reboot the phone.  I think this is
happening after I enter a building and exit Loadstone while the receiver is
still connected with no signal.  But it's the auto-off without auto-on
that's making it more unusable than either of these other issues.
--Neill