[Loadstone] West bound inconsistency in exploration mode.

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Mon Feb 12 09:37:31 GMT 2007

This problem is somewhat common. It happens when points are off at an angle
from each other. The points you're talking about can probably be found if
you use north west or south west. What loadstone does is calculate the
distance and angle from one point to another. It breaks the circle up in to
8 sections and tries to find a point in the section you want. Sometimes a
point will be close but just outside the calculated section. The
calculations should be the same for the opposite direction but doesn't
always seem to be the case. The only reason I can think of for this is that
maybe we're getting rounding errors with the floating point number
calculations. The phone isn't very good at these so that's very possible.