[Loadstone] creating check points and exploring

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Sun Feb 11 08:32:14 GMT 2007

Hi Cindy,

In a nutshell:

Go to:
http://www.poi-factory.com
Click on: POI files, then restaurants. You can also try outdoor.
Download the .csv files of interest to you.
Go to the Loadstone Converter:
http://www.loadstone-gps.com/docs/poi_conv.html
First read the documentation, then
Process the file you have downloaded.
Import the resulting file to Loadstone GPS. (Bluetooth, Infrared, Cable)
Follow the instructions on importing in Part 3 of the Getting Started manual.
It's advisable to create a new database for POI's outside your daily
environment.

Rob