[Loadstone] Suggestions ideas generated by using the Loadstone program.

M. Jeukendrup mi.lektuur at planet.nl
Sun Feb 11 04:46:08 GMT 2007

Hello,
I am using the Loadstone program for a short period now (About 2 months)
I would like to explain my experiences as a beginner.
I hope I can explain my suggestions, ideas.

The program works well, but in the beginning it is complicated for a starter
to understand how it works, how you can handle all the data in a simple way.

To enter data, points with the keyboard from the phone is in the beginning
not easy, but after doing practise it goes better.
To do it during walkin, exploring a route it is sometimes complicated.

My suggestion:
Is it an idea to program a learning mode in Loadstone?
I mean with the learning mode that data will be automticly generated and
stored during a route between startpoint and destination. (Every 15-20
meters, a point) After walking this route you can label this list of
(checkpoints) with a name. Special checkpoints that need extra information
can be added by hand like the normal datapoints, for example a place to
cross the road, startpoint, destionations etc.
Next time when you need to walk this route, you only have to import this
route (list) and you can walk guided by Loadstone.

An other suggestion I have is for selecting and making lists of checkpoints.

Is it an idea to program a tool for making a selecting list of points, which
are around the "starting point" (radius about 5-10 kim) A list where you can
navigate with a joystick  up an down and mark your checkpoints.

Best regards,
Michael Jeukendrup