[Loadstone] Exploration mode on latest build for Nokia 6600

Paul Hopewell hopewell at hopewell.org.uk
Tue Feb 6 10:55:36 GMT 2007

Shawn,
Problem of missing menu item "current point" now solved. I must not have
properly deleted the old keys.map file from my loadstone directory. I
deleted keys.map again and rebooted my phone and presto the "current point"
menu item now appears as the first item after pressing soft key 1. I found
that my prior keys.map file of 326 bytes had been replaced by a keys.map
file of 364 bytes. Could the installer automatically delete the old keys.map
file, particularly as some users may not have installed a file manager on
their 6600?

I have a question regarding selecting current point. In the Loadstone 0.65
build I could use explorer mode to move to a point, and when I pressed the 5
key Loadstone just announced the name of that point thereby confirming it
was indeed the desired current point.
If I do the same on the Loadstone 0.66 build pressing the 5 key announces
the name of the point and (when the GPS is turned on) the distance and
bearing from somewhere (presumably my current position) to that point. As
the 5 key now behaves like the other keys I am thus no longer sure if the
point selected by the 5 key is really the current point. If I turn my GPS
off then pressing the 5 key no longer speaks the distance and bearing of
that point. Is this the expected behaviour? It would be better if the 5 key
just spoke the name of the current point.

Many thanks for your help.

Paul Hopewell
hopewell at hopewell.org.uk