[Loadstone] approaching a point

Charlie Richardson charlieofalbany at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 5 22:20:37 GMT 2007

If yours is announcing at 10 meters I'm assuming you are walking because
according to the documentation the software will calculate distance or time.
I'm usually using Loadstone on a bus as this is my biggest problem as a
blind person depending on the driver to remember the stop and let me know
when I'm there.  Loadstone was usually letting me know of my next point
between 130 and 160 yards.  I'm sure this is depending on the current speed
as buses don't tend to travel very fast.  I was just messing around with max
distance today and changed it to 200 then 100 as the first setting was
announcing my next point before I would arrive to the previous point, over
300 yards which is apparently longer than most city blocks.  Setting it to
100 is getting announcements just over 200 yards.  I'm not really sure what
the value means as I thought setting it to 200 would give me announcements
as I come within 200 yards.

I use a Nokia 6682 and since it was asked, the vibrate works, but the record
memo doesn't seem to work.  I'd like that record memo feature as the
extended recorder that came with Talks sounds good in theory but made real
choppy recordings.