[Loadstone] approaching a point

Cathomas Jürg Juerg.Cathomas at sbv-fsa.ch
Mon Feb 5 18:45:41 GMT 2007

Hi Monty,
when approaching a point, the first checkpoint announcement happens here at about 30 meters.
Often, this is the only anhnouncement, because at 10 meters, it would not speak anymore.
I don't understand in this context the meaning of "approach time", maybe ssomeone can explain me.
My idea is:
i can define a "first announcement distance", e.g. 75 meters.
At this distance, it wil announce
a first time "
approaching x 75 meters north"
When coming to a second approaching distance, e.g. 40 meters (a second parameter) , it would ggive me constant information, but only about changings in distance and direction.
So, if direction is always the same, it would just count donw and announce
40 meters
30 meters
20 meters
10 meters
(maybe, we can even omit "meters" because what esle can it be?)
if direction changes, it would aalso announce direction, e.g.
40 meters north
30 meters
20 meters north  west
10 meters north

Best regards and thanks a lot for implementing the german version.
Jürg