[Loadstone] FW: newby question

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Sat Feb 3 19:59:03 GMT 2007

Hi Cindy,

I thinkwhat you are usually experiencing is mailing list queuing.  What happens
sometimes is that your posted message is received by the mailing list
server almost immediately but is then put in a queue for delivery.  I
can't say for sure what the queue processing interval is set to (as I
would have to dig through configuration files), but that combined with the
number of list subscribers could mean that you wouldn't receive your own
post for several minutes.  Of course it also depends on all sorts of
things on your end too - including your mail settings and internet
connectivity.

In addition, problems can happen server-side including maintenance,
operator error (me), and internet connectivity.  There is a lot of ocean
between the server and you!

Luckally for everyone, the web site and mailing list are up most of the
time and even if there is an unexpected problem with the mailing list,
E-mail traffic is temporarily stored on another server until things return
to normal.  Your question will usually be replied to quite quickly in most
case thanks to the helpful Loadstone community.

The mailing list software was just upgraded minutes ago so we'll see if that improves
the queue processing!

Best regards,
    Monty