[Loadstone] Release Level QuestionRe: Loadstone GPS V0.66 released

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Sat Feb 3 10:03:42 GMT 2007

Hi Tom,

Your question is very valid and a good one.  No offense taken!

Since the Loadstone project is an open-source effort, it allows us to be
extremely transparent and up front with all aspects of Loadstone.  This
includes documentation, support and especially the program.

Although the development team is constantly testing various aspects of
Loadstone's functionality, we really do depend on the Loadstone community
to test each version.  Some people can't wait to get their hands on new
technology while others may prefer to be more cotious!  We leave the
choice up to the user.

If it does turn out that a particularversion has a bug that was missed
during internal testing, we tend to fix it as soon as possible and release
another improved version.

When we put a new release on the web site,we are reasonably sure and
hopeful it is fit for consumption.  Obviously all of the usual disclaimers
apply!
Best regards,
   Monty