[Loadstone] Loadstone GPS V0.66 released

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Sat Feb 3 10:02:49 GMT 2007

Thanks for your suggestions.
The shift could be reversed in exploration mode, we'll have to see what kind
of feedback comes in about this one. Maybe this could be a setting if nobody
can aggree on how it should work.
The auto announce isn't really a permanent setting as such, it can come and
go depending on whether or not you have any points checked and you may not
want it on for all checkpoint situations. As such it's in the functions
menu. I personally have never used this mode since checkpoints will be
announced as you get close to them regardless of this setting. You can bind
this to a navigation mode hotkey if you want to edit your keys.map file. The
function name is auto_announce but be careful if you decide to edit this
file. A key map editor is on the todo list.
I don't know why mobilespeak would be having trouble with the settings, I
have no experience with it, I use talks and it seems to speak fine. This
could just be one of those speach program issues that seem to come up.
I like the destination point idea. This could probably be put in without too
much trouble. I'm not exactly sure how it would be tied in to the auto
announce thoe. Would it override the normal auto announce behaviour? Be a
separate setting?
Some of the gps time functions could probably be moved in to the gps menu.
The sync time option for sure. I'm not sure about the show time and show
date options thoe, since they're informational they probably qualify more as
functions.