[Loadstone] Cell info

David Allen wd8ldy at ihug.co.nz
Sat Dec 15 09:31:36 GMT 2007

Hi list!

It is possible that I haven't comprehended correctly how this cell
capabilities of Loadstone work, so if this is so, feel free to tell me.

Here in New Zealand, cell sites seem to be identified with their geogrphic
location in English on my phone. In Loadstone, they appear to have strange
names relative to some point in my database.

Yes, I am aware that I can label the cell by pressing 8 in navigation mode,
but that assumes that I know for certain what cell site I am actually
seeing. That is something I can't guarantee I know, for example around my
house, where I get only one or two bars of network coverage, but according
to the cell display on my phone, might see one of about five different cell
sites.

Since this information is obviously available, why can't Loadstone pick it
up when it sees the site and capture this info automatically? I think it
would be more useful if it did that.

Cheers,
Dave