[Loadstone] Automatic cell labeling

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Wed Dec 12 09:08:16 GMT 2007

What you say is true. The problem with cells is there's no real way to know
a cell's location. The auto labeling tries but this can be out by miles
depending on the situation. I personally hate the auto label feature. The
code for it is ugly and the resulting output tends to fill the database with
useless crap. My feature wish for it would be to rip that out entirely but I
guess some people use it. at some point we'll have to figure out a better
way of handling cells but I'm not sure what it'll be. The most you can tell
about a cell is what country it's in. Maybe we should store the current gps
position with each cell labeled but even then it's just a guess and
sometimes a pretty bad one. Maybe there's a data source somewhere that has
locations of cell sites? That would be useful.