[Loadstone] Porting LS to Windows mobile or Pocket.

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Mon Dec 10 22:19:02 GMT 2007

Hello Geoff,

Yes, it has come up before.  Both for mobiles running the Windows pocket
O/S as well as for Symbian series 80.  The program is open-source so
anything is possible as far as porting goes.  Symbian tends to be
recognisable for the most part but is definitely  cryptic and conveluted
in several places.  The best way is to read the code, get used to it,
think about porting and get stuck in.  In terms of compilers, I think
Google will be your best friend both for methods people are already using
to port and other porting projects yu will be able to model from.  Do keep
us posted and like I've said in the past, we'd be happy to host the
project and merge any ports into the main stream.  Maintaining of course
would be your responsibility.

Best regards,
   Monty