[Loadstone] any way to generate phone-ready points databases on PC?

Alan loadstone-l at as2.info
Mon Dec 10 01:45:38 GMT 2007

Hello, I've seen references to a Windows-based Symbian OS emulator on
Symbian.com. Do the Loadstone developers use this emulator for testing?
(It may or may not be accessible.)

By default apparently the phone's C: drive on the emulator is mapped to
the Y: drive on Windows. Theoretically, the specific import
functionality in question could be made into a standalone application
(hopefully not requiring code signing.) Use the emulator to run the
database import on the PC, copy the flat file off the Y: drive onto the
appropriate place on the real phone. A pain yes but the biggest issue
for new Loadstone users on S60 3rd ed phones is still getting Loadstone
installed. Compared to all that, this task could be easier. The
developer/user experience would be to install the emulator (or the SDK
bundle), install the small import application, run the import
application on arbitrary datasets, and move the flat files about.

Alan