[Loadstone] Direction fix mode

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Mon Dec 3 00:24:23 GMT 2007

The only thing you could get from this would be an average speed over the
distance. The heading would be completely unreliable since you could have
turned any number of times over the distance. Maybe it would work over short
distances but then the user is always having to update the reference point.
Depending on user input to get position data is probably not a good idea.
What this sounds more like is some kind of tracking mode. Something where
you start at a point and the system keeps track of your route so you can
follow that course back to the starting point. Something like this is on the
todo list.