[Loadstone] Direction fix mode

Ari Moisio arimo at netsonic.fi
Sun Dec 2 13:50:33 GMT 2007

Hi

  A more robust way would be to have a user-adjustable reference points.
ie user marks a certain point and LS uses this pint as a refernece untin
new point is set. This method would give following benefits:

- Heading is very accurate for distances over few hundred meters. With
distances under 50 meters there is not much improvements.

- User can  follow  instructions like  '110 degrees from given point'.
This of course requires a corase (clockface) relative heading to reference
point.

-By manually marking points pedometer accuracy could also be improved.

  This approach require of course more user interaction but because LS
requires continuous user interaction to get any data out of it this
would not be an issue.

mr. M01510