[Loadstone] Direction fix mode

Jurgen eisbaer at online-rudel.net
Sun Dec 2 12:24:36 GMT 2007

> The biggest
> problem I can see with this would be a slow response
> at low speeds.

Thats the point! A slow responce that is useful is much beter
then a useles fast one.

And the ones who want to have the fast useles function, can set
the value to zerro - and gon!

There is a possibility to find a better way, but it is combined
with collecting positions in a circle buffer with variable size.
And I think, it is much to complicated for this problem

And for Your argument, that GPSReceivers would have this ...

for the first, GPS for walkers still is not the main market. And
there is a big problem for the producers of receivers. Thay have
to be compatible to NMEA standard to fid then neets of the market
and to feed LS ;-). So they can only support, what NMEA can
transport. there is no NMEA data set, that can communicate, how
the direction is calculated. It's  the same problem as the one,
that we don't get information about battery status. deo You
think, this is because  it is so complicated to calculate battery
status?

J.