[Loadstone] Direction fix mode

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Sun Dec 2 12:03:31 GMT 2007

We plan to put in software heading calculation at some point. This would be
mainly to help with those receivers who's heading is next to useless at
walking speed.
Trying to compensate for the drift is an interesting idea. The biggest
problem I can see with this would be a slow response at low speeds. At
walking speed the heading might not responde very quickly to changes in
direction. Maybe when software heading calculation gets implemented this
idea can be tested to see if it would work. If it were that easy you'd think
the gps receivers would do this internally.