[Loadstone] GPS receiver information

David Allen wd8ldy at ihug.co.nz
Sat Dec 1 23:50:24 GMT 2007

Hi Rob and list!

Yes it is a nice article and covers how the receiver works in depth. It
seems to me, though, that including mention of those items such as cold
start, warm start, hot start, waas/egnos on/off and power saving on/off with
brief explanations of what they do wouldn't be out of line. We do encounter
those things in using the Loadstone programme. I notice details are included
about the various speed measurements there is to choose from so consistancy
suggests the GPS options should be covered to the same degree.

It can be hard to convince someone to read a manual even when they should,
but it is easier to do that if I can say that it explains what each item in
the programme meanss. Many would never go on to read that in-depth article
though I found it to be useful and helpful.

Cheers,
Dave