[Loadstone] Deaf receiver?

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Sat Dec 1 05:27:43 GMT 2007

You could be having some really bad weather conditions preventing you from
getting a signal or maybe something else is going on. The first thing to try
is turn the phone and gps receiver off so you can cold start everything.
Then start the phone up. Turn the gps receiver on while outside, inside can
work sometimes but can't be counted on. Then with the receiver on start
loadstone. After a while you should get a signal. If too long goes by then
you could try one of the start commands in the gps menu. Start with a cold
start and see if that works.
If non of this works then you could try removing the battery from your
receiver for a while. I'm not sure if the globalsat has any kind of backup
battery for settings or how long the battery has to be out before the unit
resets back to factory defaults. A google search might turn up more
information. It's doubtful that your receiver is dead unless something very
strange happened.