[Loadstone] Suggestions for Mapping Streets on a University Campus

Michael O. Hanson mhanson at winternet.com
Mon Aug 20 12:53:13 BST 2007

I have two suggestions for mapping out a university campus.  First, the
Loadstone Geocoder is pretty darn good at getting coordinates reasonably
close to addresses.  If the university has different addresses for each
building, you might be able to use it.  You might have to ask which of two
buildings something is or where the doorway is but that should be a lot
better than nothing.

Second, are you asking about the University of Minnesota campus?  If so, I
could see if I can get you a database if you email me off-list.  The streets
on that campus are all part of Minneapolis.  They are not unique to the U.
of M.

Either way, you will end up walking to locations and entering or updating
points.  The above ideas might allow you to do that relatively
independently.

Mike Hanson