[Loadstone] Ideas to import GeoCoder's Resultst strings showninLoadstone GPS format into existing databases?

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Sun Aug 19 23:36:51 BST 2007

On the tools page:
http://www.loadstone-gps.com/tools/
you will find:

Database reprocessor

It sometimes happens that a converted or edited database will not be
imported into the Loadstone program (0 entries entered, 0 duplicate entries
ignored).
A small database is easely checked, but with large files the 'Database
Reprocessor' utility comes in handy.

The database reprocessor checks a Loadstone database for syntax, UTF8
compliance and removes unwanted code left behind by text processors such as
MS Word.
Aditionally you can remove entries in your database that are flagged for
deletion on the Point Share Exchange website (after you first have uploaded
these deletions), remove duplicate entries by position and/or name, or
'thin out' a crowded database by declaring points of close proximity as
duplicates.

The original database remains unchanged on your harddisk, all this tool
does is offer a cleaned-up version of this file for download.