[Loadstone] Can this Holux GP236 be saved?

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Thu Aug 16 11:48:04 BST 2007

Well, if I were to guess I'd say that unit has probably gotten itself into
the state that holux gps receivers can where the receiver chip is out of
sync with the bluetooth chip. This can happen if you use a program like
sirfdemo to change the unit from nmea to sirf mode and don't set the correct
baud rate. There's two ways you can get this back if this is the case. The
first way is to take the unit apart and pull the main battery and the backup
battery if there is one. The second way is to use sirfdemo and reset the
unit with the correct baud rate. This requires you to have the holux data
cable and it helps if you know what the unit was set to. Have a look at this
list's archives, this problem and the solutions to it have come up before.