[Loadstone] Can this Holux GP236 be saved?

Julian-N1CA n1ca at arrl.net
Thu Aug 16 11:25:17 BST 2007

My friends's Holux GP 236 suddenly stopped working.  I tried it on my phone
and it seems to connect fine.  The lights blink appropriately to indicate
that it is recieving satelites and communicating with my phone but when I
opened Loadstone, I get the message "GPS clock seems to have stopped
ticking" then it says "disconnecting"  I'm no expert but I think that the
unit is not sending info to the phone.  Is this a hopeless case or can this
reciever be rescued?  If so, how?

Thank you

Julian

Julian