[Loadstone] No Signal and Signal Acquired transitions.

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Sat Aug 11 06:33:45 BST 2007

When the receiver starts up it has to download the efemeris data from the
satellites to let it figure out where it is. It has to wait for this
download to complete before it can start getting signal. If I remember
correctly this data is sent every 30 seconds. So the receiver will have to
wait for the data to be sent, correctly download it, and then it can get a
gps signal. If there's any errors in the download then the process starts
all over again. I guess if you're moving it can effect this download
process.