[Loadstone] No Signal and Signal Acquired transitions.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Aug 10 13:15:03 BST 2007

[quoted lines by monty at loadstone-gps.com on 2007/08/10 at 09:35 +0100]

>Ottawa shows as 45 dg North which means that your position is at least 200
>miles south of the southernly most member of the Loadstone development
>team

Good to know.

>You probably have a point on the building insolation however but unless it
>is made of metal it likely isn't a problem!

Well ... I don't know if I have a point or not. I'm just guessing. I'm using a
RoyalTek 2010, which, I think, is a decent enough receiver. Nevertheless, even
when outside on rare occasions, I get no signal. It seems to be very dependent
on dense cloud cover. With lots of clouds the receiver often reports only three
satellites wehreas on clear days it usually reports nine or ten satellites. I
haven't specifically checked yet, but high humidity levels may also be a
factor.