[Loadstone] No Signal and Signal Acquired transitions.

David Allen wd8ldy at xtra.co.nz
Fri Aug 10 10:51:50 BST 2007

Hi Monty and list!

These are just my thoughts as I've been following discussion.

Well, Shawn got my attention, when he commented that he always has a signal
with a good receiver. I'm wondering where I went wrong. I have the Globalsat
BT338, which I chose primarily because the info at the Loadstone web site
said it was more sensitive. And while our insulation isn't bad, I often have
no signal for several minutes even if I'm outside, and of course, it is full
winter down here at 45 degrees south, so I doubt that foliage could be the
problem. I am also not in an urban canyon.

I've given some thought to the suggestion that announcements be able to be
turned off, or be limited to a tone signal only. Isn't it important to know
how many sattelites you've acquired when you have a signal or not? If it is
as important as I think it is, then I want to know that information without
requiring another keystroke to find out. On the other hand, if there is no
useful reason to know it, then I suppose nothing is lost by reducing the
feature to the level suggested. Options are valuable, of course, so at least
any feature there is could be discounted if you didn't want to use it.

Cheers,
Dave