[Loadstone] question checkpoint

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Aug 8 23:20:55 BST 2007

[quoted lines by FERRANT michel on 2007/08/08 at 20:33 +0200]

>In my data base of points, some are distant from my residence. I selected
>them and recorded in a file "checkpoint".

How did you enter the data into the file? Did you use an editor, or did you use
Loadstone's Save Checkpoints function?

>but when jj' opens this
>file "checkpoint" the points are not selected.

What did you use to open the file? For Loadstone to see your checkpoints you
need to use its own Load Checkpoints function.

>Question: which is the procedure to find the checkpoints?

The easiest way to define a point if you can't go to it is to figure out its
latitude and longitude and then to use Loadstone's Enter Point function. Press
Softkey1 to go to Options, then select Functions, then select Enter Point. You
can then enter a name for the point, as wel as its latitude and longitude.
After entering all of your points, go into Exploration Mode, and go to and
check each point. Once that's done, go to Options, select File, select
Cehckpoints, and then select Save Checkpoints.