[Loadstone] approach announcement

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Aug 8 13:32:59 BST 2007

[quoted lines by Shawn Kirkpatrick on 2007/08/08 at 00:06 -0700]

>The checkpoints aren't ordered so the announcements work on distance. In the
>situation you describe it's possible (and likely) that things can be
>announced out of order if the points are close together. For something like
>an interchange it might be better to just mark a single point for it.

Okay ... that's what I'm seeing. My set was automatically geneated by having a
list of main streets and going through the database, picking off entries which
named two listed streets.

Would it be possible to add a mode wherein Loadstone would pick the nearest
checkpoint that I'm getting closer to, and to simply stay with just that one
checkpoint until I start moving away from it, at which point it'd look for the
new nearest checkpoint that I'm getting closer to?