[Loadstone] approach announcement

mikolaj-rotnicki mikolaj-rotnicki at o2.pl
Wed Aug 8 13:01:10 BST 2007

In my city - Poznan, Poland I come across the same problem - with wrong busstop display and voice announcements on the bus. That might be very confusing aspecially for blind people. In most cases the announcement system is connected with wheel turns (disttance meter on the bus). But it is important that the bus driver resets the system each time he is on start/end bus stop on the particular line/route. In many cases the drivers forget to do this - and the anouncements loose the synchronization with real bus location on the route.

This is the situation where LS is proving to be the most reliable solution -. As you example shows. I also use LS for bus/tram stop information.

BTW: What city are you from?

Mikolaj