[Loadstone] approach announcement

Charlie Richardson charlieofalbany at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 8 02:25:45 BST 2007

I found that in a route you don't want to have too many check points checked
because it will start announcing them rapidly.  While on a bus my check
points are probably 4 blocks apart from each other and riding to work in the
morning which is about 13 blocks I only have the check point of my stop
marked which before I get on the bus is 1.46 miles away.  For the most part
my phone is in my pocket and when I feel the vibration it's time to pull the
bell for my stop.

Someone once asked me how I knew exactly where to pull the bell for my stop.
I could have made it an ancient blind man secret, but I showed them the GPS
on my phone.

They said the bus should use whatever I'm using because the display sign on
the bus has the wrong location on it a lot of times.

I'm not sure that the bus system uses GPS.