[Loadstone] approach announcement

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Aug 8 01:58:38 BST 2007

[quoted lines by Shawn Kirkpatrick on 2007/08/07 at 17:23 -0700]

>Nothing will turn off an approach announcement for a checkpoint (that's kind
>of the idea of having it checked). The isolate checkpoint just makes it a
>bit easier to track the next checkpoint without worrying about what way
>you're pressing the joystick. Probably easier to just use the 5 key and not
>the isolate checkpoint option.

I don't think I explained clearly enough what I'm getting at. I like the
announcements on.

I've found it effective to use a street intersection map with checkpoints at
every major intersection. This works extremely well. What happens at a major
interchange, though, is that several announcements quickly follow one another,
with point 2 being annonced before I've even passed point 1. What I'm asking,
therefore, is how the announcements are supposed to work. Is each point
announced as soon as it is within 10 seconds (in my case) range, or is it
supposed to wait until I've passed the first point (started moving further away
from it) before locking in on the next one?