[Loadstone] New Idea

Charlie Richardson charlieofalbany at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 8 01:23:18 BST 2007


I also read back through the thread to see what you meant by based on what I 
said it wouldn't be helpful.

What exactly are you talking about.
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Charlie Richardson" <charlieofalbany at hotmail.com>
To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 8:13 PM
Subject: Re: [Loadstone] New Idea


> Oh, but it would help because what I am doing now.  Walking along checking
> every 2 seconds or so and hear it say 25 yards to XXX.  21 yards to xxx. 
> 15
> yards to xxx.  9 yards to xxx.  15 yards to xxx.
>
> When the number raises I know I've gone past So in my example the beeping
> would become more intense and when it start to slow down I've gone past.
> Then blindness skills kick in and like I said originally I'm not looking 
> to
> get back to the exact point of where I started.  As a matter of fact I'm 
> the
> one that keeps saying GPS will help me find the building, my blindness
> skills will find the door.
>
> So, I'm not in need of a military grade GPS.  I'm not surveying with GPS. 
> I
> just don't want to drop my phone by manipulating it with one hand.
>
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Stephen Giggar" <sgiggar at sbcglobal.net>
> To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
> Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 7:30 PM
> Subject: Re: [Loadstone] New Idea
>
>
>> Charlie
>>
>> That is a OK idea but most of the time; You will not get down to within 2
>> yards of ware you have
>> your point. More then likely you will still be 5 to 10 yards off. That is
>> unless you have a
>> Millatary GPS receiver. So based on what you said; I do not see it 
>> helping
>> much at all.
>>
>> Signed: Stephen Giggar
>> sgiggar at sbcglobal.net
>> Skype: dr-phone.
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- 
>> From: "Charlie Richardson" <charlieofalbany at hotmail.com>
>> To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
>> Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 4:18 PM
>> Subject: Re: [Loadstone] New Idea
>>
>>
>>> No, because in this instance it would announce that I am approaching the
>>> point at least 100 yards away and then nothing.
>>>
>>> ----- Original Message ----- 
>>> From: "Petra van Driel" <nieuws at challenge-media.com>
>>> To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
>>> Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 5:14 PM
>>> Subject: Re: [Loadstone] New Idea
>>>
>>>
>>>> Hi Charlie,
>>>>
>>>> Couldn't the aproach feature do that job?
>>>>
>>>> Best regards Petra
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Loadstone mailing list
>>>> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>>>> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Loadstone mailing list
>>> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>>> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Loadstone mailing list
>> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Loadstone mailing list
> Loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
> http://www.loadstone-gps.com/mailman/listinfo/loadstone
> 



More information about the Loadstone mailing list