[Loadstone] creating the database on a pc

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Sun Aug 5 01:02:45 BST 2007

Loadstone is using the database engine built in to the phone. They call it
epoc dbms and as far as I've been able to find the file format it uses is
undocumented. Maybe it could be reverse engineered with some work. The
database engine supports a limited set of sql. I'd really like to not use
this engine because of the unknown file format and the performance problems
it has. So far I haven't been able to find an open source alternative.
Something like sqlite would probably work but I haven't been able to find
any information on getting that to run on series60.