[Loadstone] Recommended GPS units/devices

Jacob Kruger jacobk at cknet.co.za
Sat Aug 4 12:44:44 BST 2007

Hi all - new member to this list

Two questions.

First and most important one is what GPS devices would you guys recommend?
Currently sort of looking at a Route 66 thingy (http://www.66.com/), but I
actually am sort of trying to get hold of a test unit or something, but
we'll see.

Second question, is wen using loadstone, does it in fact access the street
names/POI database which might in fact be loaded on the actual GPS unit?  I
was previously sort of testing the Humanware Trekker thing, and I very
briefly sort of tried to test that included GPS unit with Loadstone, but I
didn't really do much more than create one or two of my own POIs as such,
and I had to give the whole gadget back to the suppliers a bit too soon to
test much more.

One other interesting thing I'm also planning on using this combination for
is actually to ride an off-road motorbike around an open area, and I know
the loadstone/GPS combination should be 'good' for that sort of thing.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Jacob Kruger